About HOPE Organization
Hope Organization for Development and Improvement is a local humanitarian and Non-Profit organization. It Provides Relief, Rehabilitation, Livelihood, Emergency Response, Wash, Education, GBV sessions, PSS, Protection for Women and Children, and Reconstruction support to communities affected by wars and natural disasters in the country. Supports conflict-affected populations by strengthening the capacities of communities, civil society, and government authorities, increasing their preparedness to protect human rights through advocacy, providing basic services and promoting the well-being of the individual and the family and guarantee Women and children’s rights in the community. In response to improving education sector, Hope provided support to the formal schools with material items to ensure safe and protective learning environments where children affected by conflict and crisis settings could learn, develop, and be protected. Hope Organization is contribute in all available means to eliminate violence against women and children physically and psychologically, we also responding to the emergency and working in different sectors to make sure all the required support to the people receiving services.
In addition, HOPE membership comes from different religions and sects and nationalities, working on providing training, research, dialogue facilitation, and civil society consulting in the field of human rights, peace-building, and the rule of law in order to promote a culture of non-violence without discrimination and in accordance with Iraqi constitutional provisions and international conventions.
- Support the community to meet their needs by providing different kind of assistance that they need.
- Protect women & children from outside influences, negative ideas and extremism by providing GBV sessions for women, find a friendly space for children. Provide trainings for Women & children regarding development, awareness, psychological and cultural, the advancement of women, children and integrate them into overall development process by developing their potential economic, social and cultural potential, activating women role to promote local and Arab culture, protect widowed and divorced women and children from hunger, homelessness and guarantee their rights.
- Supporting families to meet their basic needs and avoiding negative strategies through livelihood activities, vocational trainings, and conditional and unconditional cash relief.
- Providing Human rights sessions and follow-up to make sure these rights are improved.
- Work on referral system and preparing for service mapping in Iraq for different cases of referrals.
- Provide different kind of assistance and services to females headed household, families have orphans, disabled people, people suffering from chronic diseases, elderly people.
- Empower the local community to create and manage small projects for individuals and families.
- Provide education and counseling services to all members of society and Open classes of literacy for people.
- Giving productivity loans and employment of people to be productive.
- Dissemination culture of partnership and peaceful coexistence through seminars and conferences related to this field.
- Provide PSS, awareness sessions, resilience sessions, early marriage sessions, to children, youth and adults.
- Working on capacity building of the teachers in the schools and how to deal with the children.
- Supporting people in camps and off camps with any type of available assistances like, NFIs, Winterization, Clothes and Food.
- Rehabilitation of the human resource of the staff.